All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionPassed down from generation to generation, many of Nottinghamshire's most popular folk tales are gathered here together for the first time. In the popular imagination, Nottinghamshire means Sherwood Forest, outlaws, wicked sheriffs, wild beasts and Robin Hood. All these feature in this selection of folk tales compiled by storyteller Pete Castle, but there are also stories of the Men of Gotham; of fairies, witches, ghosts and vampires; as well as ble lords and thwarted lovers. These captivating stories of love, loss, heroes and villains have been written to recreate the oral tradition that made these anecdotes popular, and are brought to life through unique illustrations and vivid descriptions that have survived for several generations.
- Author BiographyPete Castle is a storyteller and folk musician who has traveled all over the UK performing a mixture of traditional songs and stories. He appeared at the prestigious Smithsonian Folklife Festival in Washington DC. Pete has taught, lectured and run workshops for the Workers Education Association, Workers Music Association, Society for Storytelling, Avril Dankworth Youth Music Camps, and many local authorities.
- Author(s)Pete Castle
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.