All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe result of over five years of close collaboration among an international group of leading typologists within the EUROTYP program, this volume is about the morphology and syntax of the un phrase. Particular attention is being paid to minal inflectional categories and inflectional systems and to the syntax of determination, modification, and conjunction. Its areal focus, like that of other EUROTYP volumes, is on the languages of Europe; but in order to appreciate what is peculiarly European about their un phrases, a more comprehensive and genuinely typological view is being taken at the full range of cross-linguistic variation within this structural domain. There has been shortage lately of contributions to the theory of un phrase structure; the present volume is, however, unique in the extent to which its theorizing is empirically grounded.
- Author BiographyFrans Plank is Professor at Konstanz University, Germany.
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication18/12/2002
- Series TitleEmpirical Approaches to Language Typology [EALT]
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 20-7
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1367 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byFrans Plank
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.