All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGood nutrition is vital for people undergoing cancer treatment, but so often the side-effects of the treatment make food unappealing and eating becomes a struggle. In Nourish you'll find easy-to-follow recipes designed specifically for cancer patients (and their families). The focus is on nutritious food that can be easily tolerated - and can help to alleviate common symptoms and side-effects, and form a crucial part of any cancer treatment programme. The role of nutrition is explained and the introduction outlines clear advice on cancer-fighting foods and how to tackle side-effects. For many suffering with cancer, eating little and often is important, so Nourish includes plans based on eating small meals six times a day. There are more than 75 recipes presented in four chapters - 'Drinks, Juices, Smoothies, Shakes & Teas', 'Soups, Light Meals & Snacks', 'Main Meals' and 'Desserts & Baked Treats' - as well as a chapter with recipes that are helpful for common side-effects. All the recipes are delicious yet simple to make, and many can be made in advance to make mealtimes hassle-free. Whether you are undergoing treatment, have opted to eat healthier as a preventative measure or are supporting someone through cancer and wish to provide urishing dishes for them, this book will be your culinary guide.
- Author BiographyPenny Brohn Cancer Care is the leading UK charity specialising in complementary care to help people live well with the impact of cancer. Working alongside medical treatment they offer an integrated approach to cancer care including lifestyle advice, self-help techniques, counselling and complementary therapies to people living with cancer and their supporters. The charity works closely with other health organisations and cancer charities. Christine Bailey is a well-known nutritionist, chef and author of numerous health and recipe books. She is a member of the Guild of Health Writers and writes regularly for many national magazines, including BBC Good Food and Women's Fitness and has written for the Cancer Research UK magazine.
- Author(s)Christine Bailey,Penny Brohn
- PublisherWatkins Media
- Date of Publication11/04/2013
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDuncan Baird Publishers
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Width182 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.