All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionRecently the CXCR4/CXCL12-axis has been recognized as one of the pivotal adhesion pathways by which hematopoietic stem cells are retained in the bone marrow. CXCR4 antagonists with different chemical specification are being developed. Pharmacology research guides the way to the rational development effective antagonists. One antagonist, plerixafor, is clinically approved w for stem cell mobilization of lymphoma and myeloma patients. This allows patients to receive potentially life-saving treatment which could t have been administered otherwise. Through early clinical studies it was recognized that CXCR4 antagonists also mobilize malignant hematopoetic cells, i.e. leukemia cells. In preclinical studies a sensitization of mobilized leukemic cells to standard cytotoxic chemotherapy could be shown. Clinical studies are under way. CXCR4 antagonists are an exciting new class of compounds which are also employed for the mobilization of angiogenic cells or for the treatment of solid tumors. In this book a concise review of the current status of kwledge and future developments will be presented.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/02/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight925 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byGary B. Calandra,Jens Zeller,Stefan Fruehauf
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.