All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this thesis, Bernhard Schmidt describes his research into two fields in the chemical sciences: supramolecular and macromolecular chemistry. Schmidt first investigates cyclodextrins (CDs), which are well kwn for the formation of supramolecular host/guest complexes with hydrophobic molecules in aqueous solution. Schmidt then also examines reversible addition-fragmentation chain transfer (RAFT) polymerization as a well-suited toll for the synthesis of water-soluble end-functionalized polymers. The author skillfully combines both concepts as a powerful tool to access reversibly forming macromolecular architectures. The vel methods and architectures presented in this work are highly interesting from both a fundamental point of view as well as a basis for the design of efficient drug release systems. The work in this thesis has led to a number of publications in top peer-reviewed journals.
- Author BiographyBernhard V.K.J. Schmidt graduated in chemistry at the Technical University Darmstadt in 2009 with focus on polymer science. He accomplished his diploma thesis in the group of Prof. Matthias Rehahn followed by a short stay at the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Polymer Science in Postdam in the group of Dr. Jean-Francois Lutz, where he worked on sequence controlled polymerization and single polymer chain folding. For his doctoral studies he joined the group of Prof. Christopher Barner-Kowollik at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology and graduated in 2013. His research work consisted mainly of the formation of supramolecular architectures governed by cyclodextrin complexes and stimuli responsive polymers. Currently he is a postdoctoral researcher at the University of California Santa Barbara in the group of Prof. Craig Hawker as a German Academic Exchange Service fellow.
- Author(s)Bernhard Volkmar Konrad Jakob Schmidt
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication22/04/2014
- Series TitleSpringer Theses
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note88 black & white illustrations, 21 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight508 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.