All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionVolume 2 of Novel Superfluids continues the presentation of recent results on superfluids, including vel metallic systems, superfluid liquids, and atomic/molecular gases of bosons and fermions, particularly when trapped in optical lattices. Since the discovery of superconductivity (Leyden, 1911), superfluid 4He (Moscow and Cambridge, 1937), superfluid 3He (Cornell, 1972), and observation of Bose-Einstein Condensation (BEC) of a gas (Colorado and MIT, 1995), the phemen of superfluidity has remained one of the most important topics in physics. Again and again, vel superfluids yield surprising and interesting behaviors. The many classes of metallic superconductors, including the high temperature perovskite-based oxides, MgB2, organic systems, and Fe-based pnictides, continue to offer challenges. The technical applications grow steadily. What the temperature and field limits are remains illusive. Atomic nuclei, neutron stars and the Universe itself all involve various aspects of superfluidity, and the lessons learned have had a broad impact on physics as a whole.
- Author BiographyK. H. Bennemann is Professor of Physics at the FU Berlin (1971-). He graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana, where he worked with J. Bardeen. He has also been a research Sloan-fellow. He is internationally known in particular for research on magnetism, non-linear optics, superconductivity and ultrafast dynamics in condensed matter. J. B. Ketterson is Professor of Physics and Astronomy at Northwestern University (1974- ). He was earlier at Argonne National Laboratory (1962 - 1974). He received his PhD from the University of Chicago (1962) under Prof. A. W. Lawson. He specializes in condensed matter physics (electronic properties of metals, liquid helium, superconductivity, cold trapped gasses, magnetism, liquid crystals and Langmuir films, and non linear optics). Both authors are well known for their classic books on Superfluid He and Superconductivity.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/12/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleInternational Series of Monographs on Physics
- Series Part/Volume Number157
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note286 b/w illustration, 8pp colour plate section
- Weight1584 g
- Width195 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byJohn B. Ketterson,Karl-Heinz Bennemann
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.