All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA celebration of curiosity, compassion, and the surprising power of fear, based on the New York Times bestselling author and rewned professor's 2015 commencement address at Syracuse University. Being smart and rich are lucky, but being curious and compassionate will save your ass. Every year there are one or two commencement speeches that strike a chord with audiences far greater than the student bodies for which they are intended. In 2015 Mary Karr's speech to the graduating class of Syracuse University caught fire, hailed across the Internet as one of the most memorable in recent years, and lit up the Twittersphere.In Now Go Out There, Karr explains why having your heart broken is just as--if t more--important than falling in love; why getting what you want often scares you more than t getting it; how those experiences that appear to be the worst cant be so easily categorized; and how to cope with the setbacks that inevitably befall all of us. Don't make the mistake of comparing your twisted up insides to other people's blow-dried outsides, she cautions. Even the most privileged person in this stadium suffers the torments of the damned just going about the business of being human. An ideal--and beautifully designed--gift for a graduate or for anyone looking for some down-to-earth life advice, Now Go Out There is destined to become a classic.
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight68 g
- Width137 mm
- Height147 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Read byMary Karr
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time21
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.63
- AU $32.65Trending at AU $38.97
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.47
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.10
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $21.18
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.