All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionIn Now You Care, her fifth collection of poetry, Di Brandt voices a passionate argument against environmental degradation and a plea for psychic transformation in our violent times. Tuned in to the toxic fallout of over-industrialization and war, these poems face the dark side of our postmodern climate with a language that doesn't give in. They tremble and shake, they rage against despair, they speak against death and wrestle with the fateful spirits of Armageddon to loosen their choke-hold on humanity. Perhaps we won't figure it out and the horizon is already on fire, and our best love will never be more than an approximation of regret, but grass still grows between the cement blocks of the sidewalk to 'grin of the wild.'
- Author BiographyDi Brandt's award-winning poetry titles include questions i asked my mother, Agnes in the sky and Jerusalem, beloved, for which she received the CAA National Poetry Prize and her second GG nomination. She has also published several nonfiction titles, including Dancing Naked: Narrative Strategies for Writing Across Centuries. She is the Canada Research Chair in Creative Writing at Brandon University.
- Author(s)Di Brandt
- PublisherCoach House Books
- Date of Publication25/11/1999
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCoach House Books
- Content Note1 port.
- Weight199 g
- Width136 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.