Save on Other
- AU $36.13Trending at AU $67.19
- AU $41.23Trending at AU $44.10
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $35.31Trending at AU $51.63
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $22.10
- AU $23.40Trending at AU $28.38
- AU $41.24Trending at AU $45.74
About this product
- DescriptionEver wonder where the figure skating terms axel, salchow, and lutz came from? Or why a curling tournament is called a brier ? And how about a haymaker in boxing or a high five in any sport? Well, Doug Lenx, the world champion of trivia, is back to score touchdowns, hit homers, and kck in holes-in-one every time with a colossal compendium of Q&A athletics that has all anyone could possibly want to kw from archery and cycling to skiing and wrestling and everything in between. What's more, Doug goes for gold with a wealth of Winter and Summer Olympics lore and legend that will amaze and captivate armchair fans and fervent competitors alike. What do the five Olympic rings and their colours represent? Why does the winner of the Indianapolis 500 drink milk in victory lane? Who was the first player ever to perform a slam dunk in a basketball game? Why are golfers' shortened pants called plus-fours ? When was the Stanley Cup t awarded? Why does the letter k signify a strikeout on a baseball score sheet? Where is the world's oldest tennis court?
- Author BiographyDoug Lennox is an internationally acclaimed broadcaster, a veteran character actor, a commercial voice artist, and a bestselling author. He has appeared in more than 60 films and television features, including X-Men, Police Academy, Lonesome Dove, and Against the Ropes, and has shared screen time with Meg Ryan, Hugh Jackman, Burt Reynolds, Holly Hunter, Eric McCormack, Gary Oldman, and a myriad of others.
- Author(s)Doug Lennox
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication07/09/2009
- SubjectTrivia & Quiz Books
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Out-of-print date16/02/2015
- Weight900 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine46 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.