All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho is audacious eugh to steal an antique box once owned by Harry Houdini? This collector s treasure, skillfully hidden in the local Magic Club a nightclub where magicians perform is t merely an old theatrical prop. It is the prize in a contest that promises to jump start a magician s career. At least that s what Taft and Lucas Finch hoped before their prized possession was stolen. Private investigator David Randall is already busy searching for socialite Sandy Olaf s missing diamond bracelet when he begins the search for Houdini s box. But instead of finding the valuable box, Randall finds Taft murdered, his body locked in a backstage trunk. The magical world is brimming with jealous suspects, less successful magical competitors, romantic rivals, business conflicts, and festering hurts from long ago. Randall s friend Camden is concerned with losing his voice, his girlfriend Kary insists on being a magician s assistant, and Cam s girlfriend Ellin has to deal with the overbearing Sheila Kirk, wife of a potential sponsor, who insists on hosting the Psychic Service Network s programs.Warned away from interfering in a police homicide investigation, Randall focuses on finding the box, searching for a missing diamond bracelet, and handling the crises embroiling his unique housemates in their rambling home on Grace Street. It will take a stroke of magic to connect the interlocking circles of these crimes.
- Author BiographyJane Tesh is a retired media specialist and pianist for the Andy Griffith Playhouse in Mt. Airy, NC. She is the author of the Madeline Maclin Mysteries, A Case of Imagination, A Hard Bargain, and A Little Learning, featuring an ex-beauty queen turned detective and her con man husband, and the Grace Street Mysteries, Stolen Hearts, Mixed Signals, and scheduled for October, 2013, Now You See It, featuring PI David Randall and the many Southern characters who live at 302 Grace Street.
- Author(s)Jane Tesh
- PublisherPoisoned Pen Press
- Date of Publication08/10/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleGrace Street Mysteries (Hardcover)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPoisoned Pen Press
- Weight367 g
- Width148 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $52.03Trending at AU $61.25
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.