All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether readers are interested in logging history, a good yarn or folk art, they will be enthralled by this book, British Columbia's first graphic vel and an enduring West Coast classic, published in celebration of what would have been Bus Griffith's 100th birthday. This is the story of Al and Red, who go to work in a small West Coast logging show during the dirty thirties. As they learn their trades, the reader is treated to an amazingly detailed view of the camps varied operations falling and bucking timber by hand, topping and rigging of spar trees, moving steam donkeys and making up log booms, plus all the colourful characters, camaraderie, romance and life-threatening exploits of a BC adventure story.
- Author BiographyBus Griffiths was raised in Vancouver and came to live in Fanny Bay in 1944. He worked for decades in the logging industry all over the Fraser Valley and BC Coast, primarily as a faller.
- Author(s)Bus Griffiths
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication19/07/2013
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight516 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.