Nuclear Energy and Global Governance: Ensuring Safety, Security and Non-proliferation by Trevor Findlay (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $190.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $254.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book considers the implications of the nuclear energy revival for global governance in the areas of safety, security and n-proliferation. Increased global warming, the energy demands of China, India and other emerging ecomic powerhouses and the problems facing traditional and alternative energy sources have lead many to suggest that there will soon be a nuclear energy 'renaissance'. This book examines comprehensively the drivers of and constraints on the revival, its nature and scope and the possibility that nuclear power will spread significantly beyond the countries which currently rely on it. Of special interest are developing countries which aspire to have nuclear energy and which currently lack the infrastructure, experience and regulatory structures to successfully manage such a major industrial enterprise. Of even greater interest are countries that may see in a nuclear energy program a 'hedging' strategy for a future nuclear weapons option. Following on from this assessment, the author examines the likely impact of various revival scenarios on the current global governance of nuclear energy, tably the treaties, international organizations, arrangements and practices designed to ensure that nuclear power is safe, secure and does t contribute to the proliferation of nuclear weapons. The book concludes with recommendations to the international community on how to strengthen global governance in order to manage the nuclear energy revival prudently. This book will be of much interest to students of energy security, global governance, security studies and IR in general.
- Author BiographyTrevor Findlay holds the William and Jeanie Barton Chair in International Affairs at the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs, Carlton University in Ottawa, Canada. He is also the Director of the Canadian Centre for Treaty Compliance.
- Author(s)Trevor Findlay
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/2010
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Global Security Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white tables, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight578 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.