All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book fills a clear gap in the literature for a technically-focused book covering nuclear proliferation and related issues post-9/11. Using a concept-led approach which serves a broad readership, it provides detailed overview of nuclear weapons, nuclear proliferation and international nuclear policy. The author addresses topics including offensive and defensive missile systems, command and control, verification, weapon effects, and nuclear testing. A chrology of nuclear arms is presented including detailed discussion of the Cold War, proliferation, and arms control treaties. The book is tailored to courses on nuclear proliferation, and the general reader will also find it a fascinating introduction to the science and strategy behind international nuclear policy in the modern era.
- Author BiographyDavid Hafemeister is Professor (emeritus) of Physics at Cal Poly University. He was employed on national security matters by Senator John Glenn (1975-77), State Department (Special Assistant to Under Sec. of State on nuclear proliferation, 1977-79, 1987), Senate Committees on Foreign Relations (1990-92) and Governmental Affairs (1992-93), Arms Control and Disarmament Agency (1997), Study Director at the National Academy of Sciences (2000-2) and Stanford University Center for International Security and Cooperation (2005-06). He was the lead SFRC technical staff on the ratification of TTBT, CFE and START. His book, Physics of Societal Issues (Springer, 2007) attempts to quantify what is quantifiable. He was chair of the Los Alamos Nonproliferation-Division Review Committee (2003--06).
- Author(s)David Hafemeister
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 35 colour illustrations, 80 black & white tables, 15 colour tables, biography
- Weight909 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.