All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMilitary and civilian leaders have understandably shifted nuclear issues to the back-burner of American national defense since the break-up of the Soviet Union nearly a decade ago. One senior United States Air Force (USAF) officer was even overheard comparing strategic nuclear weapons to the gum stuck to the bottom of the Air Force's shoe you just can't seem to get rid of it. While longer the predominant defense issue, many still grapple with the strategic nuclear issue, wondering what we need to do with our Cold War nuclear arsenal. One of the most recent attempts to deal with this apparent dilemma has surfaced in the debate concerning the removal of US strategic nuclear forces from their alert posture, a process w popularly kwn as de-alerting. Many feel de-alerting is, if t the solution, certainly a step toward solving this post-Cold War nuclear dilemma.
- Author(s)Michael E Fortney
- Date of Publication05/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight191 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.