Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionBased on Christian concepts, this book is a collection of 210 topics, written for seniors by a senior. Each devotional, figuratively speaking, is a nugget---valuable w and of continuing worth. The author addresses seniors' changing perceptions and needs that arise from the aging process. Numerous nuggets focus on issues for action. In his appeal, the writer includes one's own family as well as the extended family of society. He reminds the reader of a senior's power and influence commensurate with age. Nuggets was written with America's moral erosion in mind. Instead of joining the Ain't it awful crowd, the reader is encouraged with his/her senior wisdom to join with those trying to reverse our nation's decline. The book is fully indexed. One can quickly find topics of special interest or needs. Also, Nuggets indexes the first line of familiar poetry found in the text. Nuggets is useful t only for seniors but also for family and caregivers. One need t be a senior to appreciate the book. It is valuable for anyone, regardless of age, who can be inspired by biblical truths.
- Author BiographyThe author is rich with experience, education and vision. He was raised at Pacific Beach, Washington, a village supported by a logging/shingle industry. A close friend introduced him to Christ when both were 12 years old. Shortly after, Dr. Van Rooy experienced what he calls an appreciation obligation. He wanted to serve Christ out of appreciation. The author began sharpening his academic tools for missionary work. Specifically in India, Nepal, and Tibet. He earned his B.Sc. at Seattle Pacific College (now University). He acquired his M.Th. and Ph.D. degrees from Dallas Theological Seminary. With his wife and family, he spent 18 years serving with The Evangelical Alliance Mission in India. During that time he developed a far-reaching Bible correspondence program. Upon retiring from T.E.A.M. Dr. Van Rooy established a psychotherapy center in the Huston, Texas area. He has five children, 13 grandchildren and 4 great grand kids. He and his wife, Elaine, were married 57 years. They retired at Warm Beach Senior Center, Stanwood, Washington. After Elaine's death he remarried and with his new partnership completed the Nuggets writing project.
- Author(s)Gordon Van Rooy Ph D
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication07/05/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.