All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is dedicated to Harvey Cohn, Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Mathematics at City College (CUNY). Harvey was one of the organizers of the New York Number Theory Seminar, and was deeply involved in all aspects of the Seminar from its first meeting in January, 1982, until his retirement in December, 1995. We wish him good health and continued hapiness and success in mathematics. The papers in this volume are revised and expanded versions of lectures delivered in the New York Number Theory Seminar. The Seminar meets weekly at the Graduate School and University Center of the City University of New York (CUNY). In addition, some of the papers in this book were presented at a conference on Combinatorial Number Theory that the New York Number Theory Seminar organized at Lehman College (CUNY). Here is a short description of the papers in this volume. The paper of R. T. Bumby focuses on elementary fast algorithms in sums of two and four squares. The actual talk had been accompanied by dazzling computer demonstrations. The detailed review of H. Cohn describes the construction of modular equations as the basis of studies of modular forms in the one-dimensional and Hilbert cases.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/09/1996
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight469 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byD.V. Chudnovsky,G. V. Chudnovsky,M.B. Nathanson
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.