All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever wondered how Room 101 got its name, or what you measure in oktas? Which number links Alice in Wonderland, rainbows and the Egyptian Book of the Dead? You will find the answers in Numbers. The book is full of facts, both mathematical and cultural, tantalising problems and anecdotes. A light-hearted reference book for all ages. This new edition has been updated with dozens of new articles, illustrations and photographs. The main entries span the numbers from zero to 200.
- Author BiographyRichard Phillips works as a freelance educational writer, photographer and multimedia designer. For 20 years he worked at the Shell Centre for Mathematical Education at the University of Nottingham. He has contributed to many educational publications including Eureka (ITMA), L - A Mathemagical Adventure (ATM), Pressure Mat Programs (Panthera), Coypu (Shell Centre) and the award-winning Population and Development Database CD-ROM (Population Concern). He lives in the village of Badsey in Worcestershire.
- Author(s)Richard Phillips
- PublisherBadsey Publications
- Date of Publication02/01/2004
- Place of PublicationEvesham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBadsey Publications
- Content Note332 colour photographs and 146 other illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.