All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook is an introduction to algebra via examples. The book moves from properties of integers, through other examples, to the beginnings of group theory. Applications to public key codes and to error correcting codes are emphasised. These applications, together with sections on logic and finite state machines, make the text suitable for students of computer science as well as mathematics students. Attention is paid to historical development of the mathematical ideas. This second edition contains new material on mathematical reasoning skills and a new chapter on polymials has been added. The book was developed from first-level courses taught in the UK and USA. These courses proved successful in developing t only a theoretical understanding but also algorithmic skills. This book can be used at a wide range of levels: it is suitable for first- or second-level university students, and could be used as enrichment material for upper-level school students.
- Author(s)J. F. Humphreys,M. Y. Prest
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/05/2004
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note100 b/w illus.
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.