All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about all kinds of numbers, from rationals to octonians, reals to infinitesimals. It is a story about a major thread of mathematics over thousands of years, and it answers everything from why Hamilton was obsessed with quaternions to what the prospect was for quaternionic analysis in the 19th century. It glimpses the mystery surrounding imaginary numbers in the 17th century and views some major developments of the 20th century.
- Author(s)Heinz-Dieter Ebbinghaus,etc.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/01/1996
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 123
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight586 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st Corrected ed. 1991. Corr. 2nd printing 1996
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.