All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNumerical Analysis, Second Edition, is a modern and readable text. This book covers not only the standard topics but also some more advanced numerical methods being used by computational scientists and engineers--topics such as compression, forward and backward error analysis, and iterative methods of solving equations--all while maintaining a level of discussion appropriate for undergraduates. Each chapter contains a Reality Check, which is an extended exploration of relevant application areas that can launch individual or team projects. MATLAB(R) is used throughout to demonstrate and implement numerical methods. The Second Edition features many noteworthy improvements based on feedback from users, such as new coverage of Cholesky factorization, GMRES methods, and nonlinear PDEs.
- Author BiographyTimothy Sauer earned his Ph.D. in mathematics at the University of California--Berkeley in 1982, and is currently a professor at George Mason University. He has published articles on a wide range of topics in applied mathematics, including dynamical systems, computational mathematics, and mathematical biology.
- Author(s)Timothy Sauer
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication16/11/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour line drawings, figures
- Weight1230 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.