All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionStriking a balance between theory and practice, this graduate-level text is perfect for students in the applied sciences. The author provides a clear introduction to the classical methods, how they work and why they sometimes fail. Crucially, he also demonstrates how these simple and classical techniques can be combined to address difficult problems. Many worked examples and sample programs are provided to help the reader make practical use of the subject material. Further mathematical background, if required, is summarized in an appendix. Topics covered include classical methods for linear systems, eigenvalues, interpolation and integration, ODEs and data fitting, and also more modern ideas like adaptivity and stochastic differential equations.
- Author BiographyG. Miller is a professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science at the University of California, Davis.
- Author(s)G. Miller
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note90 b/w illus. 25 tables 70 exercises
- Weight1200 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.