All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a lively textbook for an introductory course in numerical methods, MATLAB and technical computing, which emphasises the informed use of mathematical software. Numerical Computing with MATLAB helps readers learn about the mathematical functions in MATLAB, how to appreciate their limitations, and how to use and modify them appropriately. The book makes extensive use of computer graphics, and provides more than 70 M-files, which can be downloaded from the text website www.mathworks.com/moler. Many of the numerous exercises involve modifying and extending these programs. The theory can be adapted to apply to modern problems from cryptography, touch-tone dialing, Google page-ranking, atmospheric science and image processing, as well as classical problems from physics and engineering. This book will appeal to advanced undergraduate and beginning graduate students in science and engineering. This revision includes changes and corrections made since the book was originally published in 2004.
- Author BiographyCleve B. Moler is Chairman and Chief Scientist at The MathWorks. He has previously been a professor of mathematics and computer science at the University of Michigan, Stanford University and the University of New Mexico. He subsequently worked with two computer hardware manufacturers, the Intel Hypercube organization and Ardent Computers. His professional interests centre on numerical analysis and scientific computing. He is the original author of MATLAB, as well as one of the authors of the LINPACK and EISPACK scientific libraries for matrix computation. He is also co-author of three textbooks on numerical methods. He has served SIAM as a journal editor, Council member, Vice-President and, since 1996, a member of the Board of Trustees.
- Author(s)Cleve B. Moler
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/08/2010
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Note95 b/w illus. 221 exercises
- Weight620 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.