All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook provides a step-by-step approach to numerical methods in engineering modelling. The authors provide a consistent treatment of the topic, from the ground up, to reinforce for students that numerical methods are a set of mathematical modelling tools which allow engineers to represent real-world systems and compute features of these systems with a predictable error rate. Each method presented addresses a specific type of problem, namely root-finding, optimization, integral, derivative, initial value problem, or boundary value problem, and each one encompasses a set of algorithms to solve the problem given some information and to a kwn error bound. The authors demonstrate that after developing a proper model and understanding of the engineering situation they are working on, engineers can break down a model into a set of specific mathematical problems, and then implement the appropriate numerical methods to solve these problems.
- Author BiographyRichard Khoury received his Bachelor's Degree and his Master's Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Laval University (Quebec City, QC) in 2002 and 2004 respectively, and his Doctorate in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON) in 2007. Since August 2008, he is a faculty member in the Department of Software Engineering at Lakehead University. Dr. Khoury's primary area of research is natural language processing, but his research interests also include data mining, knowledge management, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
- Author(s)Douglas Wilhelm Harder,Richard Khoury
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication11/05/2016
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note54 black & white illustrations, 77 colour illustrations, 36 colour tables, biography
- Weight689 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.95
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.