Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for a first year graduate course, this textbook unites the applications of numerical mathematics and scientific computing to the practice of chemical engineering. Written in a pedagogic style, the book describes basic linear and nlinear algebric systems all the way through to stochastic methods, Bayesian statistics and parameter estimation. These subjects are developed at a level of mathematics suitable for graduate engineering study without the exhaustive level of the theoretical mathematical detail. The implementation of numerical methods in MATLAB is integrated within each chapter and numerous examples in chemical engineering are provided, with a library of corresponding MATLAB programs. This book will provide the graduate student with essential tools required by industry and research alike. Supplementary material includes solutions to homework problems set in the text, MATLAB programs and tutorial, lecture slides, and complicated derivations for the more advanced reader. These are available online at www.cambridge.org/9780521859714.
- Author BiographyKenneth J Beers has been Assistant Professor at MIT since the year 2000. He has taught extensively across the engineering discipline at both the undergraduate and graduate level. This book is a result of the sucessful course the author devised at MIT for numerical methods applied to chemical engineering.
- Author(s)Kenneth J. Beers
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2006
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note151 b/w illus. 18 tables 87 exercises
- Weight1060 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.