All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned to benefit scientific and engineering applications, Numerical Methods for Engineers and Scientists Using MATLAB(R) focuses on the fundamentals of numerical methods while making use of MATLAB software. The book introduces MATLAB early on and incorporates it throughout the chapters to perform symbolic, graphical, and numerical tasks. The text covers a variety of methods from curve fitting to solving ordinary and partial differential equations. * Provides fully worked-out examples showing all details * Confirms results through the execution of the user-defined function or the script file * Executes built-in functions for re-confirmation, when available * Generates plots regularly to shed light on the soundness and significance of the numerical results Created to be user-friendly and easily understandable, Numerical Methods for Engineers and Scientists Using MATLAB(R) provides background material and a broad introduction to the essentials of MATLAB, specifically its use with numerical methods. Building on this foundation, it introduces techniques for solving equations and focuses on curve fitting and interpolation techniques. It addresses numerical differentiation and integration methods, presents numerical methods for solving initial-value and boundary-value problems, and discusses the matrix eigenvalue problem, which entails numerical methods to approximate a few or all eigenvalues of a matrix. The book then deals with the numerical solution of partial differential equations, specifically those that frequently arise in engineering and science. The book presents a user-defined function or a MATLAB script file for each method, followed by at least one fully worked-out example. When available, MATLAB built-in functions are executed for confirmation of the results. A large set of exercises of varying levels of difficulty appears at the end of each chapter. The concise approach with strong, up-to-date MATLAB integration provided by this book affords readers a thorough kwledge of the fundamentals of numerical methods utilized in various disciplines.
- Author BiographyDr. Ramin S. Esfandiari is a professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering at California State University, Long Beach. He received his BS in mechanical engineering, as well as his MA and PhD in applied mathematics from the University of California, Santa Barbara. He has authored several books and refereed research papers in high-quality engineering and scientific journals, including Modeling and Analysis of Dynamic Systems (CRC Press, 2010) with Dr. Bei Lu. Dr. Esfandiari has received several teaching and research awards, including two Meritorious Performance and Professional Promise Awards, the TRW Excellence in Teaching and Scholarship Award, and the Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award.
- Author(s)Ramin S. Esfandiari
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication12/06/2013
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note371 black & white illustrations, 121 black & white tables
- Weight771 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.