Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis revised edition discusses numerical methods for computing the eigenvalues and eigenvectors of large sparse matrices. It provides an in-depth view of the numerical methods that are applicable for solving matrix eigenvalue problems that arise in various engineering and scientific applications. Each chapter was updated by shortening or deleting outdated topics, adding topics of more recent interest and adapting the Notes and References section. Significant changes have been made to Chapters 6 through 8, which describe algorithms and their implementations and w include topics such as the implicit restart techniques, the Jacobi-Davidson method and automatic multilevel substructuring.
- Author BiographyYousef Saad is a College of Science and Engineering Distinguished Professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Minnesota. His current research interests include numerical linear algebra, sparse matrix computations, iterative methods, parallel computing, numerical methods for electronic structure and data analysis. He is a Fellow of SIAM and the AAAS.
- Author(s)Yousef Saad
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/05/2011
- Series TitleClassics in Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number66
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.