All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work presents applications of numerical semigroups in Algebraic Geometry, Number Theory, and Coding Theory. Background on numerical semigroups is presented in the first two chapters, which introduce basic tation and fundamental concepts and irreducible numerical semigroups. The focus is in particular on free semigroups, which are irreducible; semigroups associated with planar curves are of this kind. The authors also introduce semigroups associated with irreducible meromorphic series, and show how these are used in order to present the properties of planar curves. Invariants of n-unique factorizations for numerical semigroups are also studied. These invariants are computationally accessible in this setting, and thus this mograph can be used as an introduction to Factorization Theory. Since factorizations and divisibility are strongly connected, the authors show some applications to AG Codes in the final section. The book will be of value for undergraduate students (especially those at a higher level) and also for researchers wishing to focus on the state of art in numerical semigroups research.
- Author BiographyAbdallah Assi graduated in Mathematics at the University Joseph Fourier (Grenoble, France). He obtained his Ph.D. in Mathematics at the same university and his HDR-Habilitation a diriger les recherches- at the University of Angers (France). He has a parmanent position at the Department of Mathematics in the University of Angers since 1995. His research interests are in affine geometry, numerical semigroups, and the theory of singularities. Pedro A. Garcia-Sanchez was born in Granada, Spain, in 1969. Since 1992 he teaches in the Departmento de Algebra at the Universidad de Granada. He graduated in Mathematics and in Computer Science (Diploma) in 1992. He defended his PhD Thesis Affine semigroups in 1996, and since 1999 he has a permanent position at the Universidad de Granada. His main research interests are numerical semigroups, commutative monoids and nonunique factorization invariants.
- Author(s)Abdallah Assi,Pedro A. Garcia-Sanchez
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication13/08/2016
- Series TitleRSME Springer Series
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight336 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.