Numerical and Analytical Methods with MATLAB for Electrical Engineers by William Bober, Andrew Stevens (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $128.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $252.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCombining academic and practical approaches to this important topic, Numerical and Analytical Methods with MATLAB(R) for Electrical Engineers is the ideal resource for electrical and computer engineering students. Based on a previous edition that was geared toward mechanical engineering students, this book expands many of the concepts presented in that book and replaces the original projects with new ones intended specifically for electrical engineering students. This book includes: * An introduction to the MATLAB programming environment * Mathematical techniques for matrix algebra, root finding, integration, and differential equations * More advanced topics, including transform methods, signal processing, curve fitting, and optimization * An introduction to the MATLAB graphical design environment, Simulink Exploring the numerical methods that electrical engineers use for design analysis and testing, this book comprises standalone chapters outlining a course that also introduces students to computational methods and programming skills, using MATLAB as the programming environment. Helping engineering students to develop a feel for structural programming-t just button-pushing with a software program-the illustrative examples and extensive assignments in this resource enable them to develop the necessary skills and then apply them to practical electrical engineering problems and cases.
- Author BiographyDr. William Bober received his B.S. degree in civil engineering from the City College of New York (CCNY), his M.S. degree in engineering science from Pratt Institute, and his Ph.D. degree in engineering science and aerospace engineering from Purdue University. At Purdue University, he was on a Ford Foundation Fellowship; he was assigned to teach one engineering course each semester. After receiving his Ph.D., he went to work as an associate engineering physicist in the Applied Mechanics Department at Cornell Aeronautical Laboratory in Buffalo, New York. After leaving Cornell Labs, he was employed as an associate professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) for the following twelve years. After leaving RIT, he obtained employment at Florida Atlantic University (FAU) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering. More recently, he transferred to the Department of Civil Engineering at FAU. Dr. Andrew Stevens, P.E., received his bachelor's degree from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, his master's degree from the University of Pennsylvania, and his doctorate from Columbia University, all in electrical engineering. He did his Ph.D. thesis work at IBM Research in the area of integrated circuit design for high-speed optical networks. While at Columbia, he lectured a course in the core undergraduate curriculum and won the IEEE Solid-State Circuits Fellowship. He has held R&D positions at AT&T Bell Laboratories in the development of T-carrier multiplexer systems and at Argonne National Laboratory in the design of radiation-hardened integrated circuits for colliding beam detectors. Since 2001, he has been president of Electrical Science, an engineering consulting firm specializing in electrical hardware and software.
- Author(s)Andrew Stevens,William Bober
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication21/09/2012
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Series TitleComputational Mechanics and Applied Analysis
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note168 black & white illustrations, 21 black & white tables
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.