All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionMore than 1300 numerical nuggets of the most astonishing, bizarre, and quirky numbers, from the number of emails a spammer must send to get a response, to the number of teeth on a tortoise Numbers are a common language, as every day people use PIN numbers, figure costs, study sports scores, maintain speed limits, check bank balances, play the lottery, and more. This collection reveals hidden and often astonishing numbers, with entries divided into 14 sections, including science, human body, modern life, business, nature, military, music, space, and history. Readers will learn the minimum number of dollars it would be worth Bill Gates' time to bend down and pick it up--a lot, t surprisingly. They'll also be well informed about deadly sins, the pounds per square inch at which champagne is bottled, how many miles of arteries and veins are in the human body, the staggering number of bottles of wine that Napoleon's army took to Russia, the number of chopsticks the Japanese use in a year, and much more.
- Author BiographyDonough O'Brien is a marketing and public relations executive and the author of several books containing quirky facts, including Banana Skins and In the Heat of Battle. Anthony Weldon started Bene Factum Publishing 15 years ago.
- Author(s)Anthony Weldon,Donough O'Brien
- PublisherBene Factum Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectTrivia & Quiz Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBene Factum Publishing Ltd
- Weight318 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.