Nurses Making Policy: From Bedside to Boardroom by Springer Publishing Co Inc (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $120.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by those in the kw-exceptional nurse leaders in practice, education, and politics-this is a book written to help upper-level nursing students and nurse leaders develop health policy skills to advocate for patients from the bedside to the larger political arena. The book examines the pivotal role of nurses' involvement in health policy, and describes the requisite steps for facilitating policy change-from understanding the political system through activating a plan and beyond. A wide variety of nurse leaders discuss their policy work both locally and nationally through descriptive case histories. Also included are multimedia electronic links (podcasts, online articles, social network resources, and key political websites) that promote policy research and leadership development. Woven throughout the book are the major themes of ethics, leadership, safety, and the quest for quality of care. The text also features information and perspectives relevant for the AACN DNP Essentials accreditation document, and provides digital resources for both faculty and students.
- Author BiographyRebecca M. Patton, MSN, RN, CNOR, FAAN, is the immediate past, two-term President of the American Nurses Association (2006-2010), and current Atkinson Visiting Instructor in Perioperative Nursing at Francis Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, USA -where she is gaining her DNP with mentor Joyce Fitzpatrick. Margarete L. Zalon, PhD, RN, ACNS-BC, FAAN, is Professor, University of Scranton, Department of Nursing, Scranton, PA, USA; Adult Health Clinical Nurse Specialist, American Nurses Credentialing Center; and immediate past President-Chair, American Nurses Foundation, where she also served as Director at Large (2002-2004). , PhD, RN-BC, CNS, is Professor Emeritus, Nursing, Kent State University, USA and an Honorary Senior Fellow, University of Central Queensland, Australia. Recently, she was Director, Gerontological Clinical Nurse Specialist Program, Kent State University, USA and Director, Nursing Research, Robinson Memorial Hospital, Ohio, USA.
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Weight998 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byMargarete L. Zalon,Rebecca M. Patton,Ruth Ludwick
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.