Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $85.95+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionFind complete mographs for more than 900 generic and nearly 3,000 trade drugs - including essential details on 31 new drugs - with important nursing considerations for each and every one in the 34th edition of the Nursing2014 Drug Handbook. The best-selling, original drug handbook for nurses features consistently formatted entries for ease of use that focus on the practical information that nurses need. Each mograph consists of generic and trade names, pronunciation key, pregnancy risk category, pharmacologic class, controlled substance schedule (if applicable), available forms & indications and dosages, administration (with drug incompatibilities for I.V. drugs), action (including tables showing route, onset, peak, duration, and half-life), adverse reactions, interactions, effects on lab test results, contraindications, nursing considerations, and patient teaching. You can also count on Nursing2014 Drug Handbook to tell you unapproved, off-label drug uses so you'll always kw why a drug is prescribed. And, this year, be a more confident nurse with fingertip access to: 31 new FDA-approved drugs; new complete mographs on combination drugs; new! 31 new patient-teaching handouts added to the WebToolkit; new! safety information: Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS); new! Indication & Dosage Appendices - Antidotes; Biologics and blood derivatives; and updated therapeutic and pharmacologic class categories. With the safeguards you'll find only in the Nursing2014 Drug Handbook, it's easier than ever to stay current on the 3,209 latest changes to drug information and to avoid even the most common medication errors: adjust-a-dose feature for dosage adjustments needed by special populations; administration guidelines for all appropriate routes; expanded full-color pill guide containing more drug images than in any previous edition!; increased coverage of adverse reactions! Includes those that occur with 1 per cent & greater frequency, with special emphasis on life-threatening adverse reactions; chapters on drug classes, drug safety, drug interactions, and drug therapy across the lifespan. Also features: combination drug section; elder care medication tips and pediatric drug-error information in appendices; evidence-based off-label indications and dosages; FDA Black Box Warnings in appropriate drug mographs; interactions by Drug-drug, Drug-food, Drug-lab tests, Drug-alternative therapy clearly identified; Less Commonly Used Drugs appendix provides essential information, including indications and dosages for very infrequently used drugs; overdose signs & symptoms, where appropriate; Robust Web Toolkit with hundreds of tools and resources, including monthly drug updates, warnings, and news capsules; safe Drug Administration chapter focuses on the most current guidelines, ISMP initiatives, and contemporary patient safety issues, such as REMS; and safety alert icon for potentially toxic drugs, I.V. drug incompatibility, dialyzable drugs, toxic drug-drug interactions, and much more.
- PublisherLippincott Williams and Wilkins
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLippincott Williams and Wilkins
- Content Note32-page color pill guide
- Weight998 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement34th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.