Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $107.56+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe 35th edition of the best-selling, original drug handbook for nurses provides complete mographs for more than 900 generic and thousands of brand-name drugs. Mographs are consistently formatted for ease of use and focus on the practical information that nurses need. Each mograph consists of generic and trade names, pronunciation key, pregnancy risk category, pharmacologic class, controlled substance schedule (if applicable), available forms, indications and dosages, administration (with drug incompatibities for I.V. drugs), action (including tables showing route, onset, peak, duration, and half-life), adverse reactions, interactions, effects on lab test results, contraindications, nursing considerations, and patient teaching. Also includes chapters on general drug information (pharmacology/pharmacotherapeutics, pharmacogemics, safe drug administration, therapeutic classifications) and numerous appendices. Text is complemented by free Toolkit containing hundreds of online resources. You can also count on Nursing2015 Drug Handbook to tell you unapproved, off-label drug uses so you'll always kw why a drug is prescribed. And, this year, be a more confident nurse with fingertip access to ...* 24 NEW FDA-approved drugs * NEW! Safety information: Preventing and treating extravasation, Preventing exposure to hazardous drugs * NEW! Indication & Dosage Appendices--Nutritional supplements, Antacids, Laxatives * NEW coverage of pharmacogemics. With the safeguards you'll find only in the Nursing2015 Drug Handbook, it's easier than ever to stay current on the 2,821 latest changes to drug information and to avoid even the most common medication errors: * Adjust-a-dose feature for dosage adjustments needed by special populations * Administration guidelines for all appropriate routes * Expanded full-color pill guide containing more drug images than in any previous edition! * Increased coverage of adverse reactions! Includes those that occur with 1% & greater frequency, with special emphasis on life-threatening adverse reactions * Chapters on drug classes, drug safety, drug interactions, and drug therapy across the lifespan * Combination drug section * Elder care medication tips and pediatric drug-error information in appendices * Evidence-based off-label indications and dosages * FDA Black Box Warnings in appropriate drug mographs * Interactions by Drug-drug, Drug-food, Drug-lab tests, Drug-alternative therapy clearly identified * Less Commonly Used Drugs appendix provides essential information, including indications and dosages for very infrequently used drugs * Overdose signs & symptoms, where appropriate * Robust Web Toolkit with hundreds of tools and resources, including monthly drug updates, warnings, and news capsules * Safe Drug Administration chapter focuses on the most current guidelines, ISMP initiatives, and contemporary patient safety issues (such as REMS), preventing and treating extravasation, and preventing exposure to hazardous drugs * Safety alert icon for potentially toxic drugs, I.V. drug incompatibility, dialyzable drugs, toxic drug-drug interactions, and much more.
- PublisherLippincott Williams and Wilkins
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLippincott Williams and Wilkins
- Out-of-print date13/05/2015
- Content Note32-page pill guide
- Weight998 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement35th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.