All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionNursing in Care Homes is a practical guide for nurses of all levels working in care homes. It is directly relevant to everyday practice and covers clinical issues such as continence care, wound care, infection control, and nutrition, as well as information on a wide range of issues including legal requirements, care home standards, and liasing with social and health care services. The revised and updated second edition includes new chapters on maximising abilities, risk management, stroke, and diabetes and calls upon the recommendations of the National Service Framework for Older People and the requirements of the Care Standards Act (2002). Concise and easy to follow, Nursing in Care Homes is an essential guide to skilled professional care for all nurses in care homes. It will also be invaluable to nursing students undertaking their placements in care homes.
- Author BiographyLinda Nazarko MSc, BSc (Hons) RN, FRCN has more than 18 years experience in nursing homes. She was awarded a fellowship of the Royal College of Nursing (FRCN), the Royal College of Nursing's highest honour, for her exceptional contribution to the advancement of the art and science of nursing older people. She is currently Director of Nursing at Nightingale, Europe's largest nursing home, which is home to 300 people, and Visiting Senior Lecturer at South Bank University. She continues to hold office at national level and lectures and writes both nationally and internationally.
- Author(s)Linda Nazarko
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/09/2002
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Science Ltd
- Content Note5 illustrations, index
- Weight684 g
- Width170 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.