All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
About this product
- DescriptionE. T. A. Hoffman's The Nutcracker and the Mouse King (1816) is a fairy tale of a young girl's magical dream, filled with stories with dark undertone. In 1844, Dumas adapted the tale as a children's story, which is w well kwn as a ballet, choreographed by Marius Petipas with Tchaikovsky's music.
- Author BiographyE.T.A. Hoffmann was born in Konisberg in 1776. Phantasiestucke, his earliest collection of tales, appeared in 1814. This was followed by Nachtstucke and then by Die Serapions bruder. Among his longer works is his second and final novel, The Life and Opinions of the Tomcat Murr. Hoffmann died in berlin in 1822. After moving to Paris, Alexandre Dumas (1802 - 1870) began writing and by twenty-five, he had his first success as a playwright. His writing was prolific, resulting numerous plays, novels, travel diaries as well as several children's stories. Joachim Neugroschel has translated numerous books from French, German, Italian, Russian and Yiddish. Jack Zipes is a professor of German at the University of Minnesota. A specialist in folklore, fairy tales, and children's literature, he has written several books of criticism and edited numerous anthologies.
- Author(s)Alexandre Dumas,E. T. A. Hoffmann
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication29/11/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Out-of-print date07/12/2012
- Weight163 g
- Width128 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byJoachim Neugroschel
- Introduction byJack David Zipes
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.