Nutrition During Pregnancy and Lactation: An Implementation Guide by Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences, Subcommittee for a Clinical Applications Guide (Paperback, 1992)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.01+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionAuthorities agree that nutritional care for pregnant, about-to-be pregnant, and nursing women can prevent health problems that are costly in terms of both dollars and quality of life. Yet many women still receive little guidance regarding maternal nutrition. Now, health care professionals can turn to a handy, practical guide for help in smoothly integrating maternal nutritional care into their practices. Nutrition During Pregnancy and Lactation provides physicians, nurses, primary care providers, and midwives with a ready-made, step-by-step program for helping new mothers. The guide--based on the two most authoritative volumes available on the topic, both from the Institute of Medicine--Nutrition During Pregnancy (1990) and Nutrition During Lactation (1991)--makes the findings and recommendations detailed in these books readily accessible for daily use. In keeping with recommendations by the U.S. Surgeon General, the guide promotes breastfeeding and includes practical information for mothers on how to breastfeed. Providing background details, resource lists, and a toolbox of materials, this implementation guide makes nutritional care simple and straightforward. Part I walks the health care professional through the process of providing nutritional advice for new mothers--from the prepregnancy questionnaire to the final postpartum visit. It includes helpful tools such as weight charts and checklists to follow during each patient visit. It also offers suggestions on encouraging nutritional eating habits and helping patients with problems such as nausea and nursing twins. Part II offers a wide range of practical information and guidelines on important topics, such as serving culturally diverse populations, making dietary assessments throughout pregnancy and lactation, and providing dietary advice in understandable, day-to-day terms. The guide explains how to determine if patients need vitamin-mineral supplements and what regimens to recommend. And, it includes information on referring patients to federal food and nutrition programs. The guide is tabbed for quick reference and each page is designed for the reader to find information easily.
- Author BiographySubcommittee for a Clinical Applications Guide, Institute of Medicine
- Author(s)Institute of Medicine,National Academy of Sciences,Subcommittee for a Clinical Applications Guide
- PublisherNational Academies Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1992
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Academies Press
- Weight227 g
- Width127 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.