All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the use of the so-called Nutrition Improvement Projects (NIPs) to combat malnutrition in poor countries, particularly in the sub-Saharan region of Africa, seems inevitable, kwledge about how these projects actually work and how they should be designed for effective outcome is lacking. The present volume tackles this problem by suggesting a conceptual framework based on research findings in five such projects in Tanzania which included the internationally kwn Iringa Nutrition Project. The volume also answers the question of whether it is possible to sustain the impact of these projects without further 'push' from dors. The analysis suggests a 'yes' to the NIPs which are t dealing directly with primary health services or public goods. But for those involved in delivering primary health services, the institutions involved are in great disharmony causing high transaction costs. For such NIPs, support from dors seems to be necessary unless the government intervenes strongly.
- Author BiographyThe Author: John Msuya is a lecturer and researcher in nutrition and development economics at the Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) in Morogoro, Tanzania. He received his Ph.D. in Food Economics from the University of Kiel in Germany in 1998. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture from SUA and a Master of Science in Human Nutrition from the Otago University in New Zealand. Apart from teaching and research, he also works as a consultant in project planning.
- Author(s)John M. Msuyu
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/12/1998
- LanguageEnglish & German
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleDevelopment Economics & Policy
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 11
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notefig. and tab.
- Weight300 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.