Nutrition and Diet Therapy: A Reference Dictionary by Rosalinda T. Lagua, Virginia S. Claudio (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $107.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $41.44+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFilling the need unmet by today's medical dictionaries, the new fifth edition of Nutrition and Diet Therapy Reference Dictionary , is the most comprehensive dictionary covering nutrition and diet therapy available for health care professionals. In this wide-ranging, authoritative volume, authors Lagua and Claudio cover all aspects of nutrition, including assessment, drug nutrient interactions, laboratory interpretations, enteral and parenteral nutrition support, community and public health nutrition programs, and nutrition throughout the life cycle. Much more than a dictionary, the word entries don't just define, but include the main reasons for suggested nutrition therapy and dietary guidelines, foods allowed, and avoided.The coverage includes such topics as nutrition and the immune system, phytonutrients, functional foods, alternative medicine, and the new standard for dietary reference intakes. Special features of the Dictionary are entries on 160 different diets; nutrition therapy for more than 360 disorders, including inborn-errors of metabolism; 170 drugs and their effects on nutrition; and more than 150 nutritional products with their main uses and composition. Of particular importance are topics of public health concerns for the second millennium, and dietary recommendations for prevention of major degenerative diseases such as obesity, coronary heart disease, hypertension, diabetes mellitus, and cancer.The extensive Appendices include over 50 tables, forms, and charts that enrich the word definitions and serve as essential reference aids for the health care professional. With more than 3,200 carefully selected entries, the new fifth edition includes 700 new terms and more than 600 revised and expanded definitions. Terms have been meticulously chosen based on their frequency of use and importance in nutrition. All practitioners in the fields of nutrition and dietetics, as well as educators, students, and others interested in nutrition will find the updated, new edition of Nutrition and Diet Therapy Reference Dictionary a compact, handy, yet comprehensive reference tool covering almost all aspects of nutrition and dietetics.
- Author BiographyRosalinda T. Lagua, M.P.S., M.N.S., R.D., served as Senior Nutrition Services consultant in the New York State Department of Health for over twenty years. Other positions she held were as Director of Nutritional Services at University Hospital of the State University of New York (SUNY), Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, and Chief Therapeutic Dietitian at Highland View Genesee Hospital, Cleveland, OH Rochester, NY. Virginia S. Claudio, Ph.D., M.N.S., and R.D., is a Consultant in dietetics and nutrition in Las Vegas, NV. She previously taught nutrition, dietetics, food science, foodservice management, and related courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels for twenty years, as well as working as a clinical dietitian for over fifteen years.
- Author(s)Rosalinda T. Lagua,Virginia S. Claudio
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2004
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Content Note6
- Weight932 g
- Width185 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.