All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionAddresses the Aging Process and Its Effect on Sports Performance Age-related changes influence all physiological systems, including those used during exercise and sport. Highlighting masters athletes-older adults who train and compete in organized sports-Nutrition and Performance in Masters Athletes examines the extent to which regular physical training can impact these changes. This book bridges the gap between theory and practice, addressing nutritional, exercise and sport sciences, and the actual performance of masters athletes and older exercisers. It reviews in detail many age-related changes that occur in the physiological systems, provides implications of these changes for masters athletes, coaches and clinicians, explores scientifically-based methods to maximize sprint, strength and power, team sport players, endurance and ultra-endurance performance, and focuses on the unique nutritional needs of master athletes. Examines the Growing Body of Kwledge on Masters Athletes Each chapter has been written by a world-leading authority in their field. Contributors focus on a specific topic and discuss available research. Incorporating information from studies on younger and older athletes and healthy older n-athletes, they help determine the training and nutrition implications for sports medicine professionals and clinicians, masters athletes and coaches, and future research directions for academic and postgraduate students. The book includes material on endurance, ultra-endurance, speed, strength and power, and team sports athletes. Sections cover macronutrients (carbohydrate, fat and protein needs), micronutrients (vitamin and mineral needs), fluids and hydration; supplements and ergogenic aids, nutrition for chronic disease, and the training/nutrition needs of every type of masters athletes. Nutrition and Performance in Masters Athletes is highly recommended for medical and health professionals, fellow academics, postgraduates with an interest in masters athletes, as well as masters athlete coaches and masters athletes, and administrators wanting to assist their members.
- Author BiographyPeter R.J. Reaburn, PhD, is an associate professor of sports science at Central Queensland University in Australia. He completed a first class honors degree and PhD at The University of Queensland, both of which were focused on masters athlete research. He has authored five books, published 12 book chapters, and over 50 peer-reviewed research articles. He writes regular 'theory to practice' articles for Cycling Australia, Masters Swimming Australia and the Australian Track and Field Coaches Association Reaburn is a high performance master athlete who has won national championships in a number of sports including the Ironman triathlon.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 29 black & white tables
- Weight884 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byPeter R. J Reaburn
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.