All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringNutrition does t come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MasteringNutrition search for 0133878368 / 9780133878363 Nutrition for Life Plus MasteringNutrition with MyDietAnalysis with eText 2.0-- Access Card Package, 4/e Package consists of: *0133983099 / 9780133983098 MasteringNutrition with MyDietAnalysis with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card -- for Nutrition for Life *0133853365 / 9780133853360 Nutrition for Life, 4/e MasteringNutrition should only be purchased when required by an instructor. For graduate and undergraduate nutrition students Understanding and applying nutrition to everyday life The Fourth Edition of Nutrition for Life, MasteringNutrition Edition gives students the tools they need to effectively learn and master nutrition concepts and apply them to their daily lives. This visually rich text is packed with information and exercises to help students understand how the food they eat affects their bodies. Students will learn about essential nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and the chemical organization of micronutrients, while staying engaged with the material through self-assessments, case studies, and study aids. Nutrition for Life organizes information according to how nutrients function in the body, rather than by chemical classification, allowing students to more easily apply their kwledge to everyday situations. This new edition features new Meal Focus Figures, new Focus Figures to illustrate key concepts, and student learning outcomes listed in every chapter and correlated to the end of chapter Study Plan. Now included with Nutrition for Life, MasteringNutritionTM is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product designed to improve results by helping students quickly master concepts. Students benefit from self-paced tutorials that feature immediate wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience to help keep students on track and prepared for lecture.
- Author BiographyJanice Thompson, Ph.D., FACSM University of Birmingham Janice Thompson is a professor in the School of Sports and Exercise Sciences at The University of Birmingham, U.K. Her work in the United Kingdom focuses on developing nutrition and physical activity interventions to reduce the risk for chronic diseases and type 2 diabetes in high-risk populations. She also has a US affiliation as a nutrition and exercise research consultant with the Office of Native American Diabetes Programs at the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center. Janice earned a Ph.D. at Arizona State University in exercise science with an emphasis in exercise physiology and nutrition. Janice is a Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), a member of the American Society for Nutrition (ASN), the British Association of Sport and Exercise Science (BASES) and the Nutrition Society. Janice won an undergraduate teaching award while a faculty member at the University of North Carolina, Charlotte. Janice also publishes two other introductory nutrition books with Pearson. They are the non-majors nutrition book Nutrition: An Applied Approach and the majors book The Science of Nutrition. In addition, Janice co-authored Sport Nutrition for Health and Performance with Melinda Manore (published by Human Kinetics). Melinda Manore, Ph.D, RD, FACSM Oregon State University Melinda Manore earned a doctorate in human nutrition with a minor in exercise physiology at Oregon State University, and a master's degree in health education from the University of Oregon. She is currently a Professor in the Department of Nutrition and Exercise Sciences at Oregon State University, where she teaches and conducts research in the area of nutrition and exercise. Before coming to Oregon State, she taught at Arizona State University for 17 years. Melinda's areas of specialization include nutritional requirements and issues for active women, nutrition assessment, and the role that nutrition and exercise play in health, energy balance, obesity, and disordered eating. A registered dietitian, Melinda is an active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND). She is Past Chair of the ADA Research Committee and the Research DPG (Dietetic Practice Group). Melinda is a member of the American Society of Nutritional Sciences (ASNS), the American Society for Clinical Nutrition (ASCN), the North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO), the National Academy of Sciences Committee on Military Nutrition Research, and a Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). Melinda wrote a nutrition column for and is an associate editor of ACSM's Health and Fitness Journal, and she has won numerous awards for excellence in research and teaching. While at Arizona State University, she was nominated for the Distinguished Mentor of Women Award (1996), and the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Alumni Association Outstanding Teaching Award (1998, 2000). In 2001, she received the SCAN Excellence in Practice Award. Melinda co-authors Pearson's non-majors nutrition book Nutrition: An Applied Approach, the majors book The Science of Nutrition, and Human Kinetic's Sport Nutrition for Health and Performance with Janice Thompson.
- Author(s)Janice J. Thompson,Melinda Manore
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication24/12/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenjamin-Cummings Publishing Company, Subs of Addison Wesley Longman, Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.