All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionThe human body needs the right fuel in the form of nutritious foods and sufficient fluids to perform optimally. For the athlete or exercise enthusiast, the balance of nutritious foods and proper hydration is critical for peak performance and overall health. Nutrition for Sports and Exercise, Second Edition introduces readers to the science of nutrition for athletes and sports buffs. The book explores the dangers that athletes may face when they neglect their nutritional needs and provides valuable information about how athletes can best achieve optimal nutrition.
- Author BiographyLori A. Smolin , Ph.D., received a B.S. from Cornell University, USA and a doctorate from the University of Wisconsin at Madison, USA. She completed postdoctoral training both at the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center and at the University of California at San Diego, USA. She teaches in the Department of Nutritional Science at the University of Connecticut, USA. Mary B. Grosvenor , M.S., R.D., received her B.A. in English from Georgetown University and her M.S. in nutrition sciences from the University of California at Davis, USA. She is a registered dietitian with experience in public health, clinical nutrition, and nutrition research. She works as a hospital dietitian and certified diabetes educator.
- Author(s)Lori A. Smolin,Mary B. Grosvenor
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Series TitleHealthy Eating: A Guide to Nutrition
- Place of PublicationPA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour tables, figures
- Weight544 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.