All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNutrition is becoming ever more central to our understanding of metabolic processes. Nutritional biochemistry offers insight into the mechanisms by which diet influences human health and disease. This book focuses on five aspects of this complex field of study: nutritional gemics, clinical nutrition and biochemistry, vitamins and minerals, macronutrients and energy, and cell function and metabolism. Collected in this research compendium are recent studies within each of these topics. Each chapter contributes to a well-rounded and up-to-date picture of nutritional biochemistry. Appropriate for graduate-level and post-doctorate students, this book will stimulate further study into this important field of research.
- Author BiographyDr. Chad L. Cox is an adjunct professor in the Department of Chemistry and the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences at California State University, Sacramento. He also teaches at Sacramento City College, the University of Phoenix, and the University of California, Davis. He holds a PhD in nutritional biology, a bachelor of science in exercise biology, and a bachelor of science in nutrition science, all from UC Davis. His research interests include the causes of obesity and obesity-related chronic diseases, how exercise training can induce changes in the regulation of gene expression that can lead to improvements in insulin sensitivity and promote energy balance, and the development of pharmacological agents that could help reduce the epidemic of obesity, Type 2 diabetes, and metabolic syndrome.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication22/06/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note38 black & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byChad Cox
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.