All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes a 72-minute DVD demonstrating basic nymph fishing techniques Color photo sequences to teach 11 different nymph fishing methods, including Czech, hinged leader, Leisenring lift, and wet-fly swing Detailed information on imitating mayflies, stoneflies, caddisflies, true flies, scuds, and sow bugs In nature thing happens without a reason. The difficulty for the angler is merely that the reason is hidden some way beneath the surface.--G. E. M. SkuesDuring the considerable periods of time trout spend feeding exclusively on underwater food forms, nymph fishing can be the most productive, if t the only way to catch fish. But understanding what occurs below the water's surface can be a challenge for even the most experienced angler. In Nymph-Fishing Rivers and Streams, aquatic entomologist and long-time fly fisherman Rick Hafele shares the information necessary to successfully decipher the mysteries of trout life. He starts by explaining their feeding patterns--where trout feed, when they feed, and what's available for them to eat. Sections on tackle and pattern selection help anglers sort through equipment and imitations to find the best outfit for their needs. The DVD complements the photos in the book that show various methods for nymph fishing. Also included is an angler's field guide to nymphs with details on their habitat, importance to trout, and the most effective patterns and fishing tactics to imitate them.
- Author BiographyRick Hafele (www.rickhafele.com) has been studying aquatic insects and freshwater biology professionally for over thirty years. As a writer, he penned the Entomology column for American Angler magazine for thirty years, and has several major books to his credit including Complete Book of Western Hatches, An Anglera s Guide to Aquatic Insects and Their Imitations, Western Mayfly Hatches, and Nymph-Fishing Rivers and Streams. He is also the host of numerous instructional fly-fishing DVDs, among them Anatomy of a Trout Stream and Advanced Tactics for Emergers & Dries. He lives in Wilsonville, Oregon.
- Author(s)Rick Hafele
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication23/02/2007
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $11.14Trending at AU $14.18
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.