Nymphs, Stoneflies, Caddisflies, and Other Important Insects: Including the Lesser Mayflies: Volume 2 by Ernest Schwiebert (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $85.07Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $99.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVolume IIAfter the mayfly family, detailed in Nymphs: The Mayflies, the fly fisher must kw the caddisfly, stonefly, and midge populations just as well to catch trout that are keyed in on such insects. Nymphs: Caddisflies, Stoneflies, and Other Important Species gives the reader all the essential information about identifying individual species of these insects throughout their North American range, and then delves into detailed instructions for scores of artificial patterns to imitate them. Few books in fishing literature have focused so closely on so many individual species of the particular genera of aquatic insects in this volume. And just as in Nymphs: The Mayflies, this book contains numerous stories and anecdotes from Schwiebert's travels that illuminate the selection and use of nymph patterns, and recount great days spent on the water as interpreted through one of the great minds of modern fly fishing.
- Author BiographyErnest G. Schwiebert, Jr.'s first book, Matching the Hatch, which appeared in 1955, is considered an angling classic and coined the phrase, match the hatch. Before he was thirty, he fished the major rivers of Europe and South America as well as the waters of the United States and Canada, and gained world-wide recognition as an authoritative writer-conservationist, artist, and angler. Life magazine profiled him shortly after he published Matching the Hatch.Schwiebert began to write and publish numerous and important magazine articles on fly-fishing through the 1960s and '70s, and his later books included Nymphs, 1973, and his two-volume Trout, 1978. Paul Schullery's American Fly Fishing, A History includes fourteen references to Schwiebert's books. A frequent public speaker, Schwiebert served as a pioneer in the fishery conservation movement in America and helped found Trout Unlimited, the Theodore Gordon Flyfishers, and the Federation of Fly Fishers. He served on the scientific advisory boards of TU, FFF and The Nature Conservancy, and was a Director of the TGF. In 1997, he received the International Wild Trout Symposium's A. Starker Leopold Award for his conservation efforts.He died on December 11, 2005, and was survived by his wife, Sara, and son, Erik.
- Author(s)Ernest Schwiebert
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Lyons Press
- Content Notefull-colour & b&w illustrations throughout
- Weight157 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine50 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.