All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis early vel is w held to be a very critical and pivotal one in the whole development of the velist, and this new edition provides . . . a fine printing for readers .-Choice. A definitive edition of Cather's second vel . . . [that] sets a high standard of quality. . . . David Stouck's comprehensive and cogent historical essay . . . captures t only the life of Cather's text but also provides insight into Cather's imagination and artistic process .-Western American Literature. This is the definitive text of O Pioneers! that appeared in the clothbound Willa Cather Scholarly Edition published by the University of Nebraska Press in 1992. Adhering to the standards set by the Committee for Scholarly Editions of the Modern Language Association, the editors have been faithful in every detail to Cather's intentions as she prepared the manuscript for the first 1913 edition. Printer's errors, spelling of some foreign names, and inconsistencies in dialect and certain stylistic matters, as well as Cather's later corrections, have all been addressed and corrected. Cather's vel of life on the Nebraska frontier was a critical and popular success (over forty printings) and still speaks to readers today. Susan Rosowski and Charles Mign are professors of English at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Kathleen Danker is an assistant professor of English at South Dakota State University. David Stouck is a professor of English at Simon Fraser University.
- Author BiographyWILLA CATHER, author of twelve novels, including O Pioneers!, My Antonia, and Death Comes for the Archbishop, was born in Virginia in 1873 but grew up in Nebraska, where many of her novels are set. She died in 1947 in New York City.
- Author(s)Willa Cather
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Out-of-print date11/12/2011
- Weight204 g
- Width133 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.