CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.03
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.40
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.22
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.19
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $13.38
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $15.11
About this product
- DescriptionHendrik Hertzberg, celebrated political analyst for the New Yorker, watches the long presidential campaign of 2007 and 2008 as it unfolds to reveal the transformation of the Democratic Party, the meteoric rise of Barack Obama, and other seismic shifts in our national political consciousness. Hertzberg wrote about the events that culminated in the victory of Barack Obama in two venues, one Olympian and one immediate: his Comments for The Talk of the Town and the informal blog he began keeping on the magazine's Web site fifteen months before the election. Obamas! is adapted from both and framed by a new introductory essay.Obamas! shares the context needed to truly understand the events of the general election-the first in more than half a century in which incumbent president or vice president was on the ballot-by first examining Bush's second term and the primary campaign. Hertzberg follows the central political players and rising stars while also looking at the issues that emerged as critical during the debates, such as health care, the war in Iraq, and our ecomic crisis. Through his documentation and analysis of the campaign's defining moments, we come to understand the current political landscape in a whole new way.Hertzberg's voice combines sharp observation, historical perspective, analytic power, and often funny polemic. He brings all these qualities to his chronicle of one of the most intense, exciting, and surprising campaigns in the nation's history, sharing how most Americans-including the New Yorker editors-came to identify a junior senator from Illiis as a leader temperamentally, intellectually, and emotionally attuned to the complexities of our troubled globe. Obamas! heralds a new chapter in American politics.
- Author BiographyHendrik Hertzberg has been a staff writer and editor at the New Yorker since 1992 and was a staff writer there in the early 1970s as well. He is the author of Politics: Observations and Arguments, 1966-2004. He has also been a naval officer, a Newsweek reporter, President Jimmy Carter's chief speechwriter, and editor of the New Republic. He lives in New York City. Reader of over four hundred audiobooks, Dick Hill has won three coveted Audie Awards and been nominated numerous times. He is also the recipient of several AudioFile Earphones Awards. AudioFile includes Dick on their prestigious list of Golden Voices.
- Author(s)Hendrik Hertzberg
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication16/11/2009
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date07/01/2017
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Dick Hill
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time690
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.