Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.40+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis resource is an exciting new book that features a balanced perspective about one of the most talked about topics of this time...it would be a great resource for those who are interested in joining the fight to eradicate obesity and obesity-related consequences. --Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior Lauren and Eric Rossen offer a well articulated account of the growing obesity epidemic in today's society in an engaging, easily understood, and witty manner. This comprehensive volume should serve as an essential resource for researchers, clinicians, students, and the general public interested in the fundamental understanding, assessment, treatment, and prevention of obesity. Jason P. A. Gallant, Ph.D. Chief Psychologist Boys Town Central Florida Behavioral Health Clinic Although research on obesity has accelerated over the past decade, the proportion of Americans considered obese has t declined. In order to address this critical public health challenge, obesity research has recently shifted from focusing purely on individual causes to viewing individuals within their obesogenic or living environments. Encompassing both schools of thought, Obesity 101 is the first volume to offer a broad and balanced perspective on the complex factors that influence obesity. The text combines current research from multiple perspectives to provide an introductory-level, reader-friendly overview of the history, causes, prevalence, consequences, treatments, and future trends in the prevention of obesity. It integrates research from a vast range of disciplines in the biological and social sciences, as well as education and ecomics. The text explores the gamut of current treatments for obesity, in addition to prevention programs in schools, the workplace, the community, and the arena of public policy, and offers an assessment of their efficacy. Since obesity is a burgeoning problem in the developing world, as well as having already reached epidemic proportions in many developed nations, the book also discusses international trends. Key Features: Brings together the most current obesity research from a variety of disciplines Provides a balanced review of one of today's most controversial health issues Discusses the various medical, psychological, social, educational, and occupational consequences of obesity for children and adults Reviews the effectiveness of prevention and treatment programs, as well as interventions Accessible, conversational writing style designed for use by undergraduate and graduate students, in addition to professionals across many disciplines
- Author BiographyLauren M. Rossen, MS, is currently an Eating for the Future Pre-Doctoral Fellow at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Center for a Livable Future. She has been integrally involved in research that examines various methods of behavioral weight loss treatment both at the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Florida, and has also worked directly with obese adolescents and adults undergoing weight-loss surgery. Her research spans a variety of topics in obesity, and her work has been published in numerous eating disorder, obesity, and psychiatric journals.||Eric Rossen, PhD, is a Nationally Certified School Psychologist in the Office of Psychological Services for Prince George's County Public Schools (PGCPS), Maryland. He is also a Licensed Clinical Psychologist at the Chesapeake ADHD Center of Maryland. As part of his responsibilities with PGCPS, he has provided leadership in developing the crisis manual for psychologists and educators throughout the county and obtaining the NASP approval for Continuing Education for the Office of Psychological Services. He also has served as a college instructor and adjunct faculty for courses in Human Development and School Psychology at the University of Florida and the University of Missouri. He has published his research in numerous psychology journals and has contributed chapters to several books.
- Author(s)Eric Rossen,Lauren Rossen
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Psych 101 Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures, graphs
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.