Obesity: Etiology, Assessment Treatment and Prevention by Human Kinetics Publishers (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $115.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 15 Mar
- AU $42.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
About this product
- DescriptionAs obesity continues to increase at an alarming rate throughout the world, this reference provides practitioners with insight into integrating physical activity, nutrition, psychology, and medicine to help obese patients manage their weight. The textbook combines a literature review with practical applications, incorporating expert analysis and synthesis of obesity treatment and prevention. The book is an important resource that will prepare health professionals and clinicians to help patients of all ages manage this complex and pervasive disease. Obesity: Etiology, Assessment, Treatment, and Prevention devotes an entire chapter to treating and preventing obesity in children and discusses other relevant topics: nutrition therapy; physical activity; alternative therapies such as pharmacotherapy; and promising trends in obesity treatment.
- Author BiographyRoss Andersen, PhD, is associate director of fellowship training in the division of geriatric medicine at Johns Hopkins Medical Center. Since 1993, he has been conducting clinical trials examining the long-term effects of diet and exercise in helping people manage their weight. In addition, he has published several reports that have shaped current thinking about exercise for overweight individuals. For 10 years Dr. Andersen operated community-based weight loss programs in health clubs, and he is the author of a book on how to implement weight loss programs in health club settings. He is a fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and a member of the North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO). He earned his PhD in exercise physiology at Temple University in 1992. He was a visiting scholar at the Cooper Institute in 1996.
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/05/2003
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2003
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white halftones
- Weight1066 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byRoss Andersen
- Foreword byJack H. Wilmore
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.