All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionObesity continues to be a major problem for global public health, affecting t only adults, but increasingly also adolescents and even young children. Moreover, obesity and diabetes are longer limited to wealthy societies: rates are also rising in low- and middle-income countries. Summarizing some of the key issues in obesity treatment and prevention, this publication promotes vel and interdisciplinary approaches and explores cutting-edge ideas that span child development, nutrition, behavioral sciences, ecomics, geography and public health. Contributions suggest a sequence of steps that may result in new ways to address obesity at the personal as well as at the population level: first, a clear understanding of who becomes obese, where, and for what reason is needed; second, the likely contributions to overeating by the brain, biology, ecomics and the environment need to be identified. Then, based on the understanding of disease etiology and its distribution by geography and by social strata, targeted yet comprehensive strategies for obesity prevention and treatment for both individuals and groups need to be developed.
- PublisherS Karger AG
- Date of Publication26/10/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleNestle Nutrition Institute Workshop Series
- Series Part/Volume Number73
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintS Karger AG
- Content Note12, 12 fig., 8 tab.
- Weight550 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAdam Drewnowski,B. J. Rolls
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.