All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 21st century, commerce and culture are ever more closely entwined. This inspirational and challenging collection of essays by design critic Rick Poyr takes a searching look at visual culture. He probes beneath the ultra-seductive surfaces to discover the reality. Poyr explores the thinking behind the emerging resistance to commercial rhetoric among designers, and offers critical insights into the changing dialogue between advertising and design.
- Author BiographyRick Poynor's books include Design Without Boundaries, No More Rules: Graphic Design and Postmodernism and Designing Pornotopia. He is a research fellow at the Royal College of Art, London, and lectures internationally on design and visual culture.
- Author(s)Rick Poynor
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintBirkhauser Verlag AG
- Content Note37 colour illustrations, 37 farb. Abb.
- Weight640 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.65Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.