All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCovering the breadth of a large topic, this book provides a thorough grounding in object--oriented concepts, the software development process, UML and multi--tier techlogies. After covering some basic ground work underpinning OO software projects, the book follows the steps of a typical development project (Requirements Capture -- Design -- Specification & Test), showing how an abstract problem is taken through to a concrete solution. The book is programming language agstic -- so code is kept to a minimum to avoid detail and deviation into implementation minutiae. A single case study running through the text provides a realistic example showing development from an initial proposal through to a finished system. Key artifacts such as the requirements document and detailed designs are included. For each aspect of the case study, there is an exercise for the reader to produce similar documents for a different system.
- Author BiographyMike Oa Docherty, Manchester UK, is an IT Training Consultant for IBM and Manchester University. He has delivered OOA&D courses to undergraduates and MSc students and professionals.
- Author(s)Mike O'Docherty
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/04/2005
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1010 g
- Width191 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.